Wednesday, March 9, 2016

victoria adventures PART II

After our trip to the Victoria Zoo and our delicious lunch at the brewery, we decided to drive around downtown Victoria in search of more adventures. I'm the type of person who thinks photographing cool buildings and getting coffee warrant the word "adventure", so that could mean anything. I'm flexible in my sense of wonder.

We drove around downtown and found something amazing.



This abandoned bank was entirely COVERED in beautiful graffiti. It wasn't tagging or turf war remnants, it was legitimate ART. And if there's anything I love, it's bright, colorful, fun art.







We drank in the murals coating the brick around the entirety of the building, me clicking furiously in my quest for photos and Drea pointing out the smaller pieces I might have otherwise missed in my thirst to capture this strange and wonderful building in the heart of a tiny, Texas town.







SO COOL!!











This one was my favorite - it reminded me of Adventure Time!



We also found Jack Skellington!

Along the street, there was a wall with gradients of color - from electric pink to turquoise spotted with cardinal red bubbles. What better for portraits and jumping photos??



















We really utilized the hell out of that wall.

Over an hour was spent at this spot, at which point the light was waning from Golden Hour, so we decided some coffee was in order, and then the drive home. On the way out of town, we also saw this additional rainbow mural - Victoria is a surprisingly colorful town.



Bonus photo of Drea sitting moodily on some steps.



I was really happy with these photos and this magical location. I would definitely use any of those backdrops for portraiture ANY DAY. I want to continue to push myself out of my comfort zone, which includes taking more photo of people, expressions, and actions. I will still take many-a-photo of food, animals, and scenery, but I also want to include more creativity, out-of-the-box, adventure shots!! And I feel like these photos can be included in that category.

To conclude the most perfect day ever, we stopped by one of our favorite pizza places to get a beer and then headed home for an episode of SVU.


No comments:

Post a Comment