Saturday, April 8, 2017

365 days 64-74

Another weekend has come and gone; this one entailed reptile expos (where I seriously considered adopting a new friend), iced coffee, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (that I've reached an infuriating stalemate in), crying over a children's cartoon, extracting baby birds from my hair, and eating out at a sketchy but delicious Chinese buffet.



64/365


I was obsessed with this bike - it's just so happy!



65/365


I'm a sucker for cute shops painted in bright colors.



66/365


I had to go back to the afore-mentioned flower shop to take more photos of their amazing fence. Look! A PURR-MAID!!



67/365


I'M IN MIAMI, BITCH!! Last year, Megan sent me a link to the Pitbull After Dark Party. Basically it was a cruise where you partied with Pitbull for the entire weekend. I exclaimed that it looked fun, albeit a little noncommittally. The next day, she surprised me with tickets to said cruise - and that's how we ended up on a BFFL trip to Miami! We both woke up super early, met up at DFW where we had a tearful reunion (Megan's suitcase ran over my toes as I tackled her) and got Starbucks (Adam and Magen FOREVER!), and then we were in Miami. Our Air B n B was perfectly situated right in the heart of South Beach so we could walk pretty much anywhere we wanted to go. We ended up on Lincoln St. in the evening, where we saw a man with a lemur, drank the best mojitos I've ever had at Havana 1957, and admired the art deco style buildings.



68/365


Our first morning in Miami was spent drinking mimosas like the CAS ladies we are as we lounged in our apartment. And then again at the beach.





69/365


While in Miami, I REALLY wanted to see Wynwood Walls. It was SO AMAZING, I highly recommend going if you're ever in Miami. We explored for hours, obtaining iced coffee from Panther Coffee, local beer from J Wakefield Brewing Co. (as well as admired their Star Wars murals and paraphernalia, which originally led me to the location!), we got donuts from The Salty Donut, and I ran Megan ragged looking for the mural of Yoda with the "stop wars" sign. Luckily, we were able to find it after asking several gallery owners. It was the best afternoon.



70/365


I was bad at taking photos with my DSLR on the cruise. I was too afraid of dropping it overboard or getting too drunk and smashing it into something or someone (not an unwarranted fear), so I rarely carried it with me. We got to port mid morning and spent the rest of the day exploring the boat, taking six shots of vodka within two minutes during a cruise bon voyage with Pitbull, and spent the night dancing our asses off. Here's a photo of us come nightfall after a few several drinks.





71/365


Beach day! We stopped at Grand Stirrup Cay for the ultimate beach party - latin pop blasting from speakers about a mile away as we swam in the caribbean. We even saw a couple of creatures and found a small tequila bar with a tiny line compared to the main bar down the beach!



72/365


Pitbull performed for us on the pool deck at 2 PM in the afternoon - it was a surreal experience. Our first Pitbull concert had been the previous night, where we achieved the full concert-going experience in what would be considered the floor ticket area. On this afternoon we watched from above on the upper deck, able to full enjoy the costumes, dance moves my The Most Bad Ones, and the confetti that jettisoned from party cannons surrounding the stage.



73/365


The flight home - it was sad to leave, but I was also looking forward to sleeping for more than five hours a night. The sunrise was glorious in penance for our lost vacation.



74/365


I got right back to it - time waits for no sloth to be trained!! Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment