Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a melting pot

There has been a lot of stuff going on, some bad and some good.

We got our Christmas tree but we haven't decorated it yet, so I'll post pictures once it's nice and beautiful.

We found out that one of my dogs has an autoimmune disease that has a 60% mortality rate when we took him into the vet to check up on his ears, which were bothering him. I expected an ear infection, not this heavy news. I'm still crying about it. Right now we're just grateful that he's acting normally and is happy.

This boy inspires me more than I can say. I am so impressed by him. He is going to make a difference and I hope that I can do the same.

I'm almost done with finals (yay!) and only have to turn in my final short story for fiction writing tomorrow, and then I'm completely done. I was going to go into the lab today, but after hearing about Winston's illness I decided I'm going to spend the day at him with him while I revise this story.

Let us brighten up this post with talk of presents!

I have gotten some Chrimbo shopping done when procrastinating studying for finals, as well as some awesome Christmas creations for my franz! I will avoid posting presents for friends I know read my blog, but here are the pressies I've gotten so far.

Mom



(I've also made the bird's nest necklaces for other females in my family, as well as my graduate student)

Dad



(but it's worth it because I know he'll really enjoy this)

Gabe



Alibus



(I actually got this for her for her birthday this year, but I had it packed away then so it is now here Christmas present!)

Mia



This is what I've gotten done so far. The rest of the week will involve decorating the tree tonight, lab time, turning in my final short story (hurray!), going out dancing and drinking on Friday night, and Christmas shopping with Natal on Sunday. Plus I've cheered up a little thinking about Christmas and getting in the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment