Monday, March 5, 2012

sunday night survey

It's Sunday night and I've spent the day cleaning my birds' cages, doing bird care, weighing vials for the experiment, and studying conservation biology. Though I only got about half of the stuff done I meant to (though the bird cage thing was an additive that was, admittedly, desperately needed).

1: What do you put on hotdogs?
Cheddar cheese! I dislike most condiments, so if I get it from a street vendor or something I take it plain, and if made at home I snuggle slices of cheddar cheese next to the dog in its bun.

2: Do you say “anticlimatic” or “anticlimactic”?
Anti-climactic. Because otherwise you would be refusing the existence of an atmosphere.

3: Do you check flyers before grocery shopping?
Ha! No, I just go to the store and buy extras if there happens to be a sale. For instance, 10 for $10 Annie's white cheddar mac n cheese? ALL 10 BABY.

4: Blue, black, or some other colour pen ink?
Blue-ink pens make me irrationally irritated. I prefer black, liquid ink pens.

5: Do you use your parking brake?
Awwww yeeeah! I don't trust the whole first gear brake business.

6: Look to your left. How many framed pictures are on the wall?
I have two paper-framed pictures, but the rest are just free-floating snapshots or prints or drawings people have done for me.

7: Do you know how to play chess?
Yes! My dad is a huge chess nerd (or at least he used to be), so one of the first things he taught me was how to play chess. He wanted me to play competitively and bought me a book on strategies, but I dodged that bullet.

8: How often do you clean the interior of your car?
Never. I really need to though. It's disgusting.

9: Do you ever read the last few pages first?
NEVER! Even though sometimes I want to know DESPERATELY how the book ends, my self control (which is practically non-existent) somehow wins in the end.

10: Ever fallen in the shower?
I've had close calls where I slip in bathtubs that don't have grips on the bottom.

11: On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to swear at other drivers?
9.5. Pretty damn likely.

12: What’s the worst thing you’ve ever called someone you care about?
When I was little, I used to call my mom a bitch in my diary to make myself feel better when she did things that made me angry. However, one day I left my diary out and my dad read it. He argued that I left it open to that page (so maybe I subconsciously wanted attention) and I argued that I did NOT and that he read my personal property, and in the end I felt really terrible about ever calling my mom a bitch. So never again.

13: Do you have a Snuggie?
I WISH.

14: Are you allergic to anything?
I'm allergic to pineapple, fall leaves, and horned lizards.

15: Do you have any TV shows on DVD?
We have a lot of seasons of The Simpsons, some Futurama and Spongebob, all of Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, Invader Zim, and maybe some others I can't think of at the moment.

16: How many times do you hit the snooze button before finally getting out of bed?
Honestly, probably four. I'm trying to decrease it down to two or three so that I can spend more time grooming myself before school.

17: Ever driven away in anger?
I did once when I lived by myself. One night while visiting my parents my dad and I got into a huge fight and I just got in my car and drove to the end of the street while screaming and crying. Then I couldn't do it, so I turned around and went back to the house to apologize and everything was fine.

18: What’s your favourite freezie colour?
PINK OTTERPOPPPP!

19: Are you a vegetarian?
No. I tried to be once but it didn't work out.

20: Do you have a garbage receptacle beside you? What’s on top?
I have a green trash receptacle that says ERROR on it for some unknown reason. Nothing is really on top of it.

21: Do you cross out your mistakes or erase/whiteout them?
Erase if I'm writing in pencil, but scribble out if I'm writing in pen or marker.

22: Ever torn something up that you instantly knew was too important for such treatment?
Nah, I've never let anger get that far while I was holding something like that.

23: Do you think that things will get better?
Yes! I am confident that they will, though things are not particularly bad right now (knock on wood)

24: Do you have an unpopular opinion? What is it?
I guess I have unpopular opinions to conservative republicans, since I support women being able to make their own choices about their own bodies, I support equality for everyone, I support a non-capitalistic society, and I EXTREMELY support conservation.

25: What’s your favourite quote?
I have several favorite quotes. I particularly like "ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!" :)

26: Did you/are you going to go to prom?
I went to prom with a bunch of my franz. I can most definitely say that our prom was amazing (because Maddeh was our prom queen and she wore the pinkest, fluffiest, CUPCAKIEST DRESS you have ever seen).

27: What’s the most physically painful thing you’ve ever experienced?
Getting stitches in my ear with no painkillers or anything after I'd fallen down a cliff when I was in first grade.

28: What’s the most emotionally/mentally painful thing you’ve ever experienced?
Falling in love and realizing that he didn't love me back.

29: Have you ever legitimately saved a person’s life?
Nooo, once when I was little I was convinced I'd saved my brother's life because I pulled him in on his boogie board as the tide was pulling him out (plus he was freaking out).

30: What’s your favourite book genre?
Good question! I like all sorts of books, though I am more inclined to read something if it's spooky or creepy or mysterious at all.

31: Did you like “Gigli”? Be honest.
I didn't know what it was until I googled it two seconds ago. It sounds like an...interesting movie premise.

32: Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theatre?
No, what a waste of money. STICK IT OUT MAN! Plus my favorite thing ever is to make fun of movies, so I can usually have fun no matter how terrible a movie is.

33: Do you peek between your fingers during the scary scenes?
Yeah, haha. Well, sometimes. When I watched The Ring with my friend in 8th grade (which was the most scarring movie I've ever watched), I closed my eyes during the parts where she'd climb out of the TV screen and didn't peek at all because I was so scared.

34: What was your reaction to Tatum getting killed whilst stuck in the pet door in Scream?
I was pretty disappointed by it because I liked Tatum. Even though her name is stupid.

35: Do dogs like you?
Dogs love meeee.

36: Would you say that you project an air of authority?
Nope. Not at all.

37: Do people listen when you speak?
Unfortunately, not very often. Something about me must prompt people to talk over me. I was the listener for so long and have just barely started wanting to talk during conversations a couple of years ago, so maybe that's the reason why.

38: How are your elbows? Are they okay?
The feel pretty great, thanks! A little dry I guess.

39: What is one thing that you do exceptionally well? Be honest.
I think I'm pretty good at empathizing with people. I can usually tell what someone is feeling or thinking by their actions and aura.

40: Do you use torrents?
I honestly can't really figure them out, so I mostly use mediafire to download the occasional song.

41: When was the last time you paid for music?
I bought the songs from the pilot episode of SMASH.

42: Are you addicted to technology?
Probably. I can't be off my laptop for longer than a couple of hours or my energy levels start to DEPLETE.

43: Pick a person (you don’t need to give their name). How do you feel about them? Be as honest as you can get yourself to be.
I don't mean to be repetitive, but I did love you. And knowing that you didn't feel that way about me really hurt and continued to hurt for far too long. I'm trying my best to get over you (for real this time), but it's a hard road. I still think I love you, but I'm trying to make it easier. Especially since I'm leaving.

44: Do you check your computer’s dictionary for the definition of words you’d otherwise feel confident about using during in-person interactions? Just to be sure?
Sometimes when I'm in conversation with a person I know really knows the meanings of different words and who would judge me otherwise (hahaha).

45: How heavily to you rely on spellcheck and autocorrect?
Autocorrect sometimes plays heavily into my texting, especially since touchscreen eludes my finger-skills (and also when I'm drunk), and spellcheck is good for when I'm typing fast. I'm good speller though.

46: Have you ever gotten into an argument on the internet? Did you win?
I got into an argument just last night! On facebook there was a whole post talking about the hunting of wolves from helicopters and it got into a debate about the ethics of eliminating keystone species like wolves from the environment. And then a bunch of people ended up backing me up and the guy stopped responding, so I consider that a victory!

47: Do you pause movies/TV shows if you have to go to the bathroom or the kitchen, or do you just let them keep playing?
I pause them if I haven't seen them before, but if I have then I usually let them play.

48: If you use a regular alarm clock, do you have it set to music or that obnoxious beeping?
MUSIC! I can't STAND alarm clock beeping. If an alarm goes off in a show or something and I hear it, I automatically feel like punching something. Also I hate it when I'm sleeping over at a friend's house or am somewhere where I can hear someone's alarm clock going off and they don't wake up and TURN IT OFF. It makes me want to murder someone.

49: Peter Pan?
...yes?

50: How often do you fall up the stairs?
Quite a bit. I miss steps a lot for some reason.

51: Do you pronounce “anti” as ant-eye or ant-ee? (Example: “That scene was very anticlimactic.”)
Usually ant-eye.

52: Do you pronounce “via” as vee-uh or vie-uh? (Example: “We can get there via Tremont Street.”)
Vee-uh. I have never heard someone pronounce it vie-uh. Do people actually do that?

53: How often do you forget to close your parentheses?
Only when I'm writing sometimes. I remember when I'm typing (because I can see them more easily).

No comments:

Post a Comment