Thursday, March 1, 2012

PENGOOS

YOU GUYS

LIVE. PENGUINO. CAM.

Maddie introduced it to me today and I haven't stopped watching for an hour. It's so captivating, just seeing penguins going about their lives in captivity. I just stared at one King Penguin preening itself for twenty minutes until another Emperor Penguin waddled up and just started standing directly in front of the preening pengoo.



There was also a little bit of a brawl going on behind them where the penguin pictured snapped at another one and drove it into the water. Good times.







Then the camera view switched to a bigger field with no water in the background.









Scratch scratch scratch!



The best part was when penguins would stand reeeeally close to the camera because they were either inspecting it or they just didn't give two shits.







There was one Adelie Penguin that would march directly in front of the camera and just stare into my soul. Unfortunately, I didn't think to screencap it because I was too busy staring into the eyes of a freaking Adelie Penguin. ON MY COMPUTER! This live cam is so awesome. Then there was also a Gentoo Penguin that wasn't QUITE done molting running around spastically.



Sometimes I would be watching the pengoos just serenely grooming and hanging out when suddenly crazy Gentoo Pengoo would come zipping across screen and then disappear for a few minutes before booking it across the screen once more.



This is my representation.

Things I saw:
-penguins preening
-penguins scratching their heads with their little feet and having to bend down reaaally low to do so
-penguins pooping
-penguins slipping because they were running too fast on the ice
-penguins rocketing out of the water like little torpedoes
-penguins squabbling
-penguins running with their flippers flowing freely behind them
-penguins eyeballing the camera creepily
-penguins teetering between wanting to dive into the water and wanting to stay on land and then ending up getting shoved into the water by another penguin anyway
-penguins laying on their stomachs and chillin'
-penguins moving around on their stomachs because they can't be bothered to stand up
-penguins following a trainer around

Basically, it's really cool and definitely cheered me up. I've been feeling overwhelmed today and like I can't possibly do what I want to do in life, so when I feel like that I usually go swing up at the park. But today there were ONE MILLION children there, so I came home instead and watched the pengoo cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment