Tuesday, December 25, 2012

cheersies



-"All I Want For Christmas Is You" sung by a big, burly bouncer in falsetto
-carmelitas for breakfast
-owl wrapping paper
-macro photos of ornaments
-hugs from my mam
-hints of Star Wars in everyday life



-grilled cheese sandwiches at 1 AM with Maddie
-singing all the songs from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
-getting the perfect gift that you didn't even know you needed
-finding the perfect gift for somebody else
-wishing for a white Christmas and receiving one. And then some



-finding the perfect advice for the next time I'm feeling disappointed about something.
-holiday-themed martinis
-Santa paying for said holiday-themed martinis
-my homemade, be-sequined stocking made by my great aunt when I was a teeny (Megan's word)
-candy canes. All the time, candy canes



(x)

-reading the Christmas books that once belonged to my mom as a child that now belong to me, and savoring every well-memorized story
-performing karaoke with the stage name "Lady Owl McBadBad"
-tiny, dinosaur-obsessed cousins (this one stabbed me in the face with a fork once)


-cozy fires
-homemade soup parties
-seeing my friends; I missed them all so much
-painting Shoctopus version 2.0



(x)

-exploring places I've never been before in my home city
-realizing that this song is hilarious and is also awesome to dance to
-reuniting with my bird loves and my pup pups
-Christmas lights everywhere







(x)

I just sang Happy Birthday to Jesus, per my cousin's request. Not even lying. Complete with cake and everything (which is kahlua chocolate, ironically).

This has been a great Christmas, and a definite amazing time home on break.


No comments:

Post a Comment