Tuesday, March 24, 2015

more spanish favorites

El oso y el madroño

My favorite statue in Puerta del Sol, a plaza just a half mile from my parents' apartment. It's called El oso y el madroño, "the bear and the strawberry tree".


pretty in pink

Plaza Mayor, another plaza two blocks up from my parents' apartment, holds one of the many giant Christmas markets that cover Madrid during the holiday season. A woman with her fancy pigeons was trying to make a couple bucks by taking people's photos with them. I loved the pink fantail, I contemplated getting a picture with her until she shoved them back into a book bag. Literally. Shoved them into a book bag.


meta

Gabe stated, "That's hella meta."


talking head

One of the creepier statues around the train station. People were making out right next to it. "Talking Heads" indeed.


moon guardians

Moon guardians.


golden light

We traversed the wall surrounding the town of Avila and I fell in love with the ancient stonework greenery. Centuries of moss, ferns, lichen, and algae have grown into the cracks of the rock, intricate art in its own right.


mossy green

Tiny beauty.


birds

Aves de la ciudad


spanish wall

City graffiti on crumbling walls appeals to me so much.


pigeon friends

I will never not be friends with pigeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment