Tuesday, June 16, 2015

365: week 21


156/365
My BFFL Megan created a program for her camps this summer called "Nature's Superheroes". She asked if I would be able to make illustrations for it and I said YES! When it's all said and done, we're going to try to maybe get it published as a children's book!



157/365
I LOVE watermelon, I have been eating at least one a week (the personal-sized ones) since June started. They are the quintessential summer fruit.



158/365
Cleo (Swainson's Hawk), despite being approximately one million years old (aka 23), laid a perfect egg. Last summer she became egg bound and the egg literally rotted inside of her, so we were worried about her egg laying tendency this year. Luckily, this seems to be her last one.



159/365
I love the greenhouse down the street. Ever since I adopted a little plant to put in my planter from Spain, I've visited every couple of weeks to just be around so many green things; it's an instant mood lifter.



160/365
I am moving next month to a new apartment complex and the area is GORGEOUS! It's right on the bay with a small wooded area next to it. As I explored, this beautiful butterfly landed on a patch of flowers in front of me. I then spent the next couple of minutes stalking it, trying to get a good picture.



161/365
My new favorite snack.



162/365
Andie recently got back from Germany and brought us Kinder surprise eggs. For those of you not in the know, they are chocolate eggs with plastic toys inside of them. I got this little purple hedgehog creature, who now resides on my windowsill.


My first hurricane season was cake, we had no hint of a hurricane or even a tropical storm. However, this hurricane season has started off with a bang. We got word that a tropical depression was hovering, gaining strength over the Atlantic ocean. I FREAKED. OUT. We had no supplies at our house and no where to go if we were evacuated. Fortunately, I had a lot of people assuaging my fears and my amazing roommate went out and got us some supplies. And then, AFTER ALL THAT HYPE, today was totally fine. There are still some rains heading our way, but the storm moved more north and will instead be affecting Galveston/Houston. I do hope that the flooding won't be too bad for Houston though, especially since just a couple weeks ago there was so much water. Here's to surviving Tropical Storm Bill, Texas friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment