Thursday, February 24, 2011

the smell

Yesterday, when working in the bird rooms (which are located in the basement), I smelled something awful. It smelled like cream of broccoli soup. But it also smelled like death.

TODAY when I entered the biology building, the smell was back. But TEN TIMES WORSE. I wanted to die, it smelled overwhelmingly of steamed broccoli. I later learned that this smell was being caused by two dead wolves. A PI who studies dogs left them in a giant chest freezer being kept in the basement that went down two weeks ago. I don't know why no one realized this, since there were TWO WHOLE WOLVES beginning to rot. I'm surprised that those freezers had no alarm systems on them or anybody checking them daily because, once again, THERE WERE TWO WHOLE WOLVES in there. Nobody wants to smell their rotting carcasses. The animal care team investigated the smell earlier today and, apparently, the wolves were completely green when found. GROSS.

I will forever think of this.

broccoliwolf

3 comments:

  1. Okay this sounds disgusting, but I LOVE the picture you drew! Let's start a band called The Broccoli Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES PLEASE. Our first hit album will be called "Is that soup or your flesh that I'm smelling?" or something. Maybe we could work on it.

    ReplyDelete