Sunday, February 13, 2011

more to come

I'm one of those people who finds great inspiration online.  I think it's funny when people (people who are a great deal like me because I am on the fringe of hipster society) complain about the internet and social networking.  I love it.  I don't agree with only turning to the internet as your sole source of inspiration, but I love to read blogs of people who are out in the world accomplishing their dreams.  It feels like I'm with them every step of the way during their struggles and joys.  It's a little creepy because it's sort of stalkerish.

I wanted my own blog so I could share my own struggles and joys with the online world.  Even if no one reads or follows this blog, that's fine.  It's for me to look back on years from now, to remember stories that I want to tell here.  I want to post a lot of pictures because I'm going to try and use my cameras more.  It sounds cliche, but I love photography.  That's all there is to it.  I want to strike the balance between living life and capturing the best moments of it on film (or more appropriately, digitally).  I also want to share my arts and crafts, because I'm an artistic person who sometimes forgets to just sit down and engage myself in that world.

I also want to copy some of my favorite bloggers (because, of course, imitation is the greatest form of flattery) and tell hilarious stories from my youth and from my most recent adventures in the form of pictures and small comics or drawn pictures.  Allie from hyperbole and a half is especially good at this and I would recommend EVERYONE read her blog (:

I'm excited about this.  I hope that other people could gain inspiration from my blog someday.

Adventure is out there!

P1020125

2 comments:

  1. Inspiration in every day life is good, but where you find the most diverstiy, especially in SLC, is on the internet. The internet is basically the link to everywhere else in the world... so I don't blame you or anyone else for getting inspiration from le internetz.

    -nerfherder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Especially when it's cold and grey outside (UNLIKE TODAY!!!)

    ReplyDelete