Tuesday, April 26, 2011

artsy

Today has been a day of STRESS.

But that's boring, so instead I will beguile you with my arts and crafts.

One thing that I love to do is make charms. I make little creatures/pokemon/items/video game characters/etc. out of clay, bake them, and then paint them with acrylics. I finished painting a little deer and an Eevee a few nights ago (though I haven't glazed them yet).

The little deer









Eevee!









I also have a Pikachu in the works, though yellow is a bitch to work with for some reason. So that awaits a night when I don't have finals, papers, or bird phylogenies to worry about.

You can purchase my charms (or look at other charms I've made) here!

I also painted a picture months ago that I was going to post, but I forgot to take a picture of it. It's of a desert sunset with a cloth owl sitting on top of a cactus silhouette. I like the effect of the cloth on the painting, but the owl I made looks sort of...ugly. So I'm going to try to fix it at some point as well.

The last sort of artsy thing I've done in awhile is draw this picture



It's mini Otter as a pokemon trainer with her shiny vulpix. Have I mentioned that I'm a huge pokemon nerd?

As long as we are talking about ART, let me bring this up.

http://www.arthousecoop.com/

ART HOUSEEEE.

There are two major projects that Art House does, "A Million Little Pictures" and "The Sketchbook Project". The former is a cool program where you sign up with a theme and they send you a custom tailored disposable camera to take 24 pictures that go along with the theme you chose. You then send back the camera and Art House takes everyone's pictures and tours the country with them in a giant photomobile. Cool right? The Sketchbook Project is similar in that they send you a sketchbook and you have to fill out the entire thing according to the theme you chose. Then you send it back and they tour the country with that in a giant library and then the sketchbooks remain at an art library forever more, so anyone could pick up your sketchbook and check it out at any point! One of my 101 in 1001 days is to enter an art show, and this is how I want to do it. I'm going to sign up for The Sketchbook Project as soon as I'm back from field work :)

As an ending to my post

No comments:

Post a Comment