Sunday, April 17, 2011

weekend weekend

I had a really great weekend. It was warm and springy with a nice mixture of sunshine and a little bit of rain. I wish I had taken more pictures, I need to get in the habit of carrying my camera around more. I'm one of those obnoxious people who tries to document everything. But how else am I going to convey how amazing everything is with just words? I feel like I'm too jumbled with my words, I should work more on that.

I spent Friday night hanging out with Natalya, where we took Luigi (her roommate's cute dog) for a long walk through the neighborhood and then watched Tangled. We decided that she and I would be Rapunzel and Flynn, Malcolm would be Pascal, and Maeby and Manny would be the Stabington brothers. She also made me a healthy dinner chock full of vegetables and chicken. Then I hung out with Maddie, where we watched the original The Hills Have Eyes (I am a little obsessed with horror films) and then The Gods Must Be Crazy II (that honey badger part killed me, loved it). It was a nice stay-in, comfy cozy Friday night. Saturday was spent hanging out with my mom, who took me shopping for new summer clothes and shoes. I got my very first pair of heels! Pictures will come soon. I also got a pair of black flats, lots of pairs of cute shorts (finally the kinds of shorts I like are back in style), three cute tank tops, and a plethora of lacey underwear. Day well spent, if I do say so myself.

That night we went to Benihana since my cousin had never been there before, which was super fun. My mom and I watched another horror movie called Premonition which was HILARIOUS. I hung out with Maddie again that night and we ended up going to Village Inn for coffee and a delicious grilled cheese sandwich (in my case). Our friend Grace invited us to come to an event being held up at campus called Relay for Life. It's a fundraiser for cancer where teams are sponsored to walk around campus all night long, so we went and joined in. Tents and fire pits were set up all along the front lawn in front of the union (our school's cafeteria), and the smell of the campfire smoke was orgasmic. It made me so excited for camping season, which is just around the corner. Three weeks from now I'll be in Arizona, sitting around a campfire, drinking beer, battling spiders the size of my face, and listening to coyotes in the distance from the coziness of my tent.







WHY AREN'T YOU HERE YET SUMMER?!

Campus at night is really peaceful, Maddie even said, "I like campus a lot better at night. It's probably because, you know, there aren't any PEOPLE!" We took America's Next Top Model shots in front of the giant spotlights around the library and sat down and talked until about four in the morning, which is when I told them I had to work the next morning so I needed to go home and go to bed.

Today was spent trying to figure out a phylogenetic tree of passerines for my independent project, working, doing load after load of laundry, and organizing my documents folder. I'm sad to see this weekend go, especially since tomorrow I have a full day with work and class and then a test in my night class, but I found out that Dirty Dancing is on Instant Play and so I'm happy. Maddie also let me borrow Misery, so I'll end my night of laundry, very little homework, and 80s movies with some Stephen King.

I LOVE YOU PATRICK SUAZE



This has been a really boring post.

Also I just realized I should probably study for the test tomorrow, so probably no reading for me tonight. Ah well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god that picture of Spongebob and Patrick camping. Holy shit. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete