Friday, September 30, 2011

food issues

One thing about October is that I have an INCREDIBLY sensitive stomach. Also I'm incredibly squeamish. So combining Halloween-like things and food means I won't eat. At all. For instance, once my friend had a Halloween party where she had breadsticks shaped like witch fingers. The dough was died green and there was an almond as the fingernail of each breadstick, that was it. It was still bread, my favorite thing on this planet. I couldn't touch them though, and even just looking at them and knowing they were in the room, I couldn't eat anything else either. I've accidentally been found eating food that I'm finishing up or have made unknowingly before horror movies or even just movies like Eraserhead (that, to me, are gross and make me want to vom) and then losing my appetite halfway through the food AND the film (I still kept watching Eraserhead though. I watched in a shocked silence until it was over and then I sat in the dark for a while and wept. Just kidding, but you can tell I really didn't like it). Just now I was eating a delicious sandwich and looking at updates on blogs I like and someone posted a "spooky etsy" post that had a bunch of homemade Halloweeny items from Etsy on it. They were all really cute, but I couldn't eat anymore.

So the nub and gist of the story is that I'm a wimp and cannot handle the prospect of both food and Halloween combined. And not just gore. Anything related to Halloween.

(Lord knows I tried to find a Halloween food picture to post and end this blog in a funny way, but I just looked on google images at them all and now I want to throw up)

No comments:

Post a Comment