Tuesday, October 25, 2011

day one of HALLOWEEK

SO I was really afraid that I'd lost my Ipod this morning, which plunged me into a state of depression because how am I supposed to listen to Werewolf Bat Mitzvah while I walk around campus and get pumped for Halloween WITHOUT AN IPOD??? I feared the worst, but am glad it is safely back in my loving hands.

Today started off my WEEK OF HALLOWEEN aka HALLOWEEK where I basically just pretend that Halloween lasts for seven day instead of just one. Today was a beautiful fall day, so my brother and I took the dogs on a walk up to the park about a mile away from our house and took pictures of the fall scenery along the way. I even broke out my mini polaroid and took some really cool looking photos with it. Later we went to the grocery store and bought ingredients to make food for my upcoming book club meeting. It's on Wednesday and, of course, it's HALLOWEEN THEMED. We're discussing 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King (which I LOVED, haters gonna hate), dressing up in costumes, and drinking a ton of wine. I bought these fake labels that say things like, "Wicked Spirits" and "Devil's Blood" on them, as well as purchased a bottle of wine with the actual label "Vampire" on it, so I think we're set on alcohol.

Here are pictures of the things we plan on making (we only got to make the cake pops tonight and I'm decorating them tomorrow)









(recipe from here)



(tea sandwiches shaped like cats and pumpkins, awwww)




Basically I have a ton of baking ahead of me (especially tomorrow and right before the party). Tonight, while the cake was baking to make cake pops with, my aunt and I carved pumpkins together (since my mom had bought some for decoration). I drew a cat on her's and Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas on mine. I'm going to put one of my glow cubes in it to make it glow green and spookyyyy. While we carved pumpkins, we watched Trick 'R Treat (which I really liked due to its soundtrack and the storyline being kind of classic horror movie) and then finished up making the cake pops before sticking them in the freezer.

Then I started watching the Halloween episodes of all my favorite cartoons on Netflix (like Spongebob and Invader Zim)





There's this part in the Zim special where a bunch of skeletons dance for a couple of seconds. While trying to find a youtube video of it so I could make a gif out of it (yeah I know), I found this



Which I love and want to watch forever.

HAPPY HALLOWEEK! Stay tuned for more Halloweeny adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment