Thursday, October 6, 2011

doodle device

When I take notes in school, I also doodle/draw A LOT because a) it helps me pay attention and b) it keeps me from getting bored and drifting off to sleep when we're discussing narrative techniques in fiction writing or the retroarticular process in comparative vertebrate morphology. I've scanned in a couple of doodles I particularly like.



Tis the season for Halloween, and I have my very own Halloweeny character that I created while in high school (haters gonna hate). I was a bat for Halloween junior year and it ended up being my best costume ever. Whenever I create costumes I sketch them out (part of my coolness factor, I'd like to think), so after Halloween had passed and my awesome costume was complimented ten times over, I dug out my sketches of it and started drawing the bat girl more and more until she evolved into Jezebel. Since I am obsessed with The Nightmare Before Christmas (it's one of my favorite movies), I decided that she lives in Halloweentown and was raised by the skeleton bats in Oogie Boogie's Lair. She eats rotten fruit and bugs (she's basically a megachiropteran aka fruit bat) but will fuck you up if she does not get fed or food in 24 hours.



Tiny, chibi version of Jeze



This one is my favorite. SHE IS SO ADORBZ OMG I LOVE HER <3 <3 <3

Drawn in fiction writing where our professor gave us a list of stuff we couldn't write about (like werewolves, vampires, horror, etc.). UNFORTUNATELY THAT IS EVERYTHING I LIKE BECAUSE I AM TACKY. To prove my point, I drew my little bat girl character I made up for a fictional movie about Halloween next to the list. The top flying one got cut off though :(



We were reading Alice Carter's Peter and the Wolf, which I LOVED because it was kind of creepy and about a WOLFGIRL! So I drew my own wolf girl I named Fern. I like the little sketch of Jeze checking her out like, "wtf are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment