Wednesday, February 29, 2012

happy leap year day!



This. I just want this to be my future. Living in a simplified manner, not needing a ton of money to get by, not having to live up to the expectations of my friends, family, lab, etc., just being by the sea and maybe working at a nature center or something. I just don't want anything permanent or "careery" right now. I want tons of little odd jobs that are all fun. Things that allow me to travel and see awesome places and take pictures and be happy.

And when people tell me this is impossible or that I'm being unrealistic, I figure that it's because they're jealous of anyone having such a life. It's the dream, to be able to have a job that makes you happy and to just be content with life. But I don't believe it's impossible.



This was a heavier post than I intended it to be, especially since I'm completely happy right now. I just got back from a fancy dinner at Log Haven where we learned how to ballroom dance and ate delicious steak and lobster. It was so much fun. Also I realized that a) today is Leap Year Day and b) that means it's the end of February and I failed at finishing the photo a day challenge. Proof that these sorts of things just completely slip my mind or I end up getting too lazy or into something else. Oh well.

One funny thing about today is that I had to do some data collection for one of my experiments, so if this paper does get published than it's going to be pretty cool that one of our data collection days doesn't exist. Like Scott said, "Try replicating our experiment NOW, suckas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment