Monday, January 20, 2014

10 things I love Monday

Woops! I forgot to do this yesterday! (I was too busy swimming and eating BBQ in honor of my Opa's birthday)

1)



Swimming! I usually hate swimming in the winter, actually, because I associate it with gross indoor gym pools with locker rooms and cold, wet hair, GROSS. BUT this is different because for my Opa's birthday, our family friend offered to let us swim at her (no lie) MANSION up the canyon. So of course we said YES. We were able to swim there last year, too, and it's amazing. A giant pool that goes up to nine feet deep, a water slide, a giant hot tub with a waterfall flowing down into the pool, and to top it off, a SAUNA. So not only is it beautiful and amazing and super swanky, but it's also very CLEAN because it belongs to our family friend who takes impeccable care of it, and it's not used by millions of families and small children. I'm not normally a germophobe, but with indoor pools I really am. Which is funny, since I'll swim in outdoor pools, oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. without a second thought...

2)



Wine tasting! I've never been before, so I'm continuing with my accidental new habit of doing new things basically every weekend! For Girl's Night Out on Friday I went with Gabi and a couple of her friends to a small winery in Sugarhood (not really what it's called) to taste some delicious wines! I loved the sign because the wine glass made it look like "winey" which was awesome. I ended up buying a bottle of the wine because they were all really good!


3)



I made a little version of Winston for my mam!! I think he's so cute!

4)



I love going to coffee shops and getting things done. Especially when they're fun projects, like this curriculum I made about animal adaptations for one of my interviews.

5)



Mac 'n Cheese Burgers, MMMMM!!! My mom and I went to a local bar on Saturday night for a "date night" where we got burgers and super delicious drinks (called Banging A Supermodels).

6)



source

Star Wars trivia (or really, any sort of nerdy trivia that I can answer/am a super geek about). At the bar my mom and I went to, a guy at the table we were sharing told us we needed to answer Star Wars themed trivia in order to sit there. I was ALL FOR IT, but unfortunately could not answer his first question (what was the name of the captain of the ship Darth Vader boards at the beginning of A New Hope?) I was so mad that I couldn't answer that first one, but I answered every one after it correctly (three in total). It was really fun.

7)



source

Nice people at bars. When I went out with Gabi for Girl's Night (I like how I have to keep capitalizing it), first of all her friends she invited were super nice and funny, and we immediately became friends. Later that night when we headed out to some bars, we met a ton of awesome people. I don't know what it was, but I seriously have never had that many nice people decide to talk to me in a bar (usually people keep to themselves in their own little groups). It was super fun; nice people are the BEST!

8)



source

Hatch Family Chocolates

I recently was acquainted with Hatch Family Chocolates when my friends and I went for a late evening snack. I had never been there, which is a tragedy because it is SO DELICIOUS and apparently is closing rather soon :( I got their hot chocolate (since it's well-known for being rich and mouth-watering), and it did not disappoint. It was SO GOOD and basically tasted like melted gourmet chocolate in milk, mmmmm.

9)



Getting second interviews for jobs I really want. I'm basically freaking out all the time now because I'm excited, nervous, stressed, and over the moon about EVERYTHING. Fingers crossed!

10)



This gif-set. It is so freaking adorable and reminds me of Storm, the little European Barn Owl that I loved (and still love) from when I worked at REGI.

Tomorrow is a day of BEING PRODUCTIVE because today I spent a lot of time just chillin' out since I felt a bit sick (and my knee is sore from face-planting into the bird cages yesterday...). But tonight I get to paint charms and watch ghost shows on Netflix!

No comments:

Post a Comment