Sunday, January 19, 2014

.art.work.

The other day I brought my camera to work, because I thought it would be cute to take a couple of snapshots of where I'm currently working!





I work at a paint-your-own-pottery studio, where I've created several of my own personalized dishes, mugs, and figurines over the years! It's a tradition for my aunt and I to go and paint something when we're together (if we have the time and resources), which is how it started it all. Her encouragement to make my own artwork and express myself with painting (as well as other artistic mediums) is part of why I'm so crazy wonderfully creative today!









People can come in, chose a piece of pottery (pre-made, so people who are not super great at the pottery wheel aka me do not have to fear), and then get to work painting it in any way, shape, or form they want. The only thing I'm pretty devastated about is that there are no sparkly/metallic colors (because it wouldn't be food-safe), but I guess I'd rather be able to actually eat off the dishes I create. After people finish painting, they leave their pieces for us to glaze (which is a fun dipping process in a vat of light blue substance that gets EVERYWHERE) and fire in the kilns. I think our kilns are so pretty and shiny.



I adore this plate that someone made a couple of days ago. SO. CUTE.

Other than working and applying to jobs (and perhaps even getting job offers...more on that later), I've also been creating charms. A LOT. I actually made my mom ornaments of our dogs, Winston and Taffy, for Christmas (well, belated Christmas). I just finished Winston the other day.





I love it. It makes me want to take on other challenges, so if you would like to custom order your own pet immortalized as an ornament or charm necklace, please don't hesitate to check out my store and contact me!

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment