Wednesday, February 15, 2012

hell on earth

Here are some pictures from my recent adventure to Jungle Jim's.

(sorry for the poor resolution, I've been using Shutterfly, which really makes the pictures look awful and grainy, ESPECIALLY if they've been taken indoors)





















Jer doesn't like having his picture taken, so a lot of them were sneak attacks



















































My ticket winnings. I had thirty tickets and when I went up to the ticket counter, I told her "GIVE ME SIX REPTILES PLEASE" and she was like "Well, there are snakes and lizards" and I was like "THREE OF EACH"

So, as I mentioned before, some of my adventures at Jungle Jim's included getting stuck in a children's roller coaster. I have great memories of Jungle Jim's being my FAVORITE place in the world when I was little. If anybody's birthday party was at Jungle Jim's, I was THERE. You better believe I was all about those rides, the cardboard pizza that was still slathered in grease, and trying to procure enough tickets to get those rare 50 TICKET PRIZES. And the roller coaster was my favorite. It would go backward when you least suspected it, which was the best part. Anyways, if you're with a kid you can ride any of the rides. Unfortunately, the bar to secure the kids into the coaster didn't move at all, so I had to maneuver myself into the seat with my autistic four year old cousin. As soon as the coaster started, he was screaming. He burrowed into my side, sobbing, while I sat awkwardly cross-legged with my camera clutched in my hands because I'd forgotten to hand it off. I was being crushed into the left side of the cart due to centrifugal force and Xander was FREAKING. OUT. I managed to get him to smile and laugh halfway through the ride, but then he was upset again once we started going backwards. I was relieved when the roller coaster finally stopped, but that's when I realized that I couldn't get out. No matter what position I put my legs in, I couldn't manage to figure out how to squeeze out from the bar. It took about ten minutes for me to finally contortion myself into a weird enough position to pop out of the cart, at which point everything fell out of my pockets, so I had to crawl under the coaster to grab it all. Then I walked really quickly past the ride operator, who was looking at me like I was an idiot, and vowed never to do something like that ever again. The rest of the party was spent eating the aforementioned cardboard pizza off poisonous styrofoam dishes, playing a lot of Air Hockey and Swamp Stomp (the best games), and wandering around taking pictures.

I just wanted to share those special stories and pictures since they were hanging out on my hard-drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment