Monday, February 20, 2012

this poor weekend

This weekend has been SO BAD. Since this has followed a particularly nasty week, it definitely did me no favors. Basically my work is stressful and I have a mental illness where I hate when anybody is mad at me ever. So that took a huge toll on me. The only fun parts have been going out to sushi on Saturday night with Raphael (and getting free sushi rolls from the sushi chefs), coloring at Nostalgia and chatting with my favorite baristo (is that the male term of barista? meh), drinking lots of sake cocktails and beers, flirting with cute boys at Whole Foods and getting delicious lemonade and lemon tarts, watching the 1980's Monster: Humanoids from the Deep and having to make up a great majority of the dialogue because we couldn't hear it over my portable heater (since it was snowing outside), buying a new Iphone case that is going to be super cute, walking around the city at night and doing drunken parkour (aka jumping on top of benches and jumping off), and watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with my dad. Well now that I look at that list it seems like I had a pretty good weekend. So that's good, I guess. Not so fun parts included being woken up by a stressful phone call six hours into my slumber when I was hungover, laying on my floor and crying, getting stressful texts and emails right before getting sushi on Saturday night, discovering that insurance will NOT cover my phone and it will actually cost more money to get a new phone via insurance than it did to originally even buy my phone, finding out I might have made a mistake in my experiment, and feeling like shit for 85% of the weekend.

Ugh, DEPRESSING. I'm feeling a little bit better now because I had to pump myself up with CONFIDENCE! I am awesome at my job and it's okay that I make mistakes, because I am human and because I am perfect 95% of the time. Plus I'm personable and friendly and have a really positive attitude and am willing to do anything and everything to help the lab. So I just told myself this a lot tonight and decided to try and feel better. I'm still a little bit heartsick and anxious, but I've done what I can do. So time to tell all that stuff to LUMP OFF because I'mma have fun tomorrow.



I'm going to Sugarhouse with Natal where we're going to go run some fun errands (aka eat noodles, go to the pet store to get bird food and play with the parakeets, go to Michaels to get craft supplies, and then to Whole Foods for snacks and flirting) and then we're going to go to the park to do the Great Backyard Bird Count!. I've never participated before, even though I've done a lot of birdwatching, so I think it'll be fun (even if we see nothing because it just snowed). I'll post again tomorrow with our results!

Here's to positive thinking and kicking ass even when the world feels like it's out to get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment