Monday, July 23, 2012

july


Thus far in July I have...



been to the farmers market (once again).







I saw weird vegetable (fruit?) things













(I can't not take pictures of the macarons)









bought this piano man's CD. In gratitude, he played us the theme song from Super Mario Bros 3





fell in love with this dachshund puppy who was up for adoption. I pleaded with my parents, even though I knew it was not meant to be









...so instead I took a million pictures of him



viewed my favorite art booth, which has sketch-books/journals refashioned from old books and light switch covers



















took pictures of puppies playing in the dog park (also spotted a Maddy look-alike with a purple feather in her fur)



drank delicious, fresh-squeezed lemonade





and ate delicious pizza that my friend told me tasted exactly like pizza he'd eaten in Sicily. It was so. good.

We spent the 4th of July at the pool











It mostly involved pelting each other with water-filled sponge balls. We finished off the day with beer, pizza, A Few Good Men, and watching fireworks up on the Wasatch Bench, where we could see eight different fireworks shows from our vantage point.

I played with Manny, who I'll miss so much when I leave



(admire my many chinned photo)





I took pictures outside







I take pictures of my feet because I feel like they say a lot about me and summer. Dirty, but painted with a bright, cute color, tan with flip flop lines indicating all of my trips to the woods, pool, amusement park, etc., complete with hoof-like toughness on the heel from walking around barefoot.



I drew with sidewalk chalk in a sundress













Winston liked his picture, I think











(it's important to remember)

And I finally was able to take a picture I really loved of the light through my open window. After hours and HOURS of trying



More to come: THE WOODS, cabin adventures, rain, and alcoholic benders

No comments:

Post a Comment