Thursday, July 5, 2012

the month of june

Summer so far has been AMAZING. I've spent time with friends, gotten a real "grown up" job that I'm excited about, had many adventures, and taken pictures every step of the way.

I watched my brother graduate high school













I went on many evening walks with the dogs, spending the rest of the evening out on the patio as the sun sank below the horizon, savoring the cool air and experimenting with my camera

























I discovered tiny creatures having tiny adventures



(more to come later)

I went scuba diving in the ocean for the very first time and loved it





I found secret places in my hometown



I went to the zoo again (and again...and again) to see creatures that love the water as much as I do







































(and ate the most delicious macaroni and cheese in the world)







I went to the Pride Parade in downtown Salt Lake City



































I visited with my old puppy love, little Lucy Lu



I hung out with friends and had wine-ventures





(where amazing photobombs occured)





























(oops...)























I went on hikes and explored one of my favorite childhood places









(we possibly went to Narnia at one point)



(...or not)











(we went to the "beach", where we sat in the sand by the dried out riverbed)





(boring tourist picture)























































(we're super into writing "bark", our motto, everywhere we go)

I went to the Farmer's Market



(more about that here)

I went to the Utah Art's Festival









I spent countless hours at Nostalgia, my favorite coffee shop, with Maddie





So that's what I've been up to this June! It's been a busy one, with family vacations and trying to hang out with all my friends that I'll miss so much when I go to Minnesota. Now I'm trying to squeeze in the appointments I have to make before I leave, studying for the GRE, and work while trying to have an amazing summer. The fourth has been a very low-key event this year, since we were tuckered out from so much sun and swimming earlier today, but we did go up to the bench above the city to see the different fireworks throughout the valley. It was fun to see, especially when the huge Sugarhouse Park fireworks got going (at one point they did SHAPES and I was like "IT'S A HOT DOG!" and my mom looked and me and said, "That is clearly a butterfly). We finished off the night with A Few Good Men and root beer floats. The rest of this week will involve going to the first Twilight Concert of the season (Beachhouse!), visiting Raphael, who has a broken leg :(, having a bonfire and sleepover with Sunny, and going up to Clioh's cabin on Saturday night for woodland adventures. I'm psyched. And THEN I'll buckle down and study...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment