Tuesday, January 13, 2015

365: week 1

This year I've decided I'm going to do a 365 photo challenge (for reals this time). I was especially inspired by The Dainty Squid, since Kaylah did one this past year and then wrote an awesome post about why it's a good idea to do at least one 365 challenges in your life.

I have actually been mostly keeping up with it, which makes me proud considering how iffy this year has been so far. But, like I said, I must maintain a positive attitude (PMA!) and remember the year can only get better (knock on wood).



1 : 365
My last day in Spain we spent a good portion of the day recovering, but we also had one last major exploration. One of our stops was Puerta del Sol, a familiar place nearby my parents' apartment where we had just rung in the new year just thirteen hours before. This is a statue of Carlos the Third, the King of Spain from 1759-1788, complete with a pigeon and that fantastic sign behind him.


2 : 365

This day was travel HELL. So many stereotypical terrible things occurred that you always hear about from someone else's travel stories that I basically COULDN'T. EVEN. The only picture I snapped all day was of this breakfast sandwich, a tradition I have maintained whenever I fly alone.


3 : 365

My Spanish goodies all gathered together.


4 : 365

Kimani, the African Serval I work with, playing with his Christmas tree enrichment. He was hiding inside of it, leaping out, and then batting around the toilet paper roll "ornaments" we decorated the tree with.


5 : 365
This was the last night that our Christmas tree was going to be up, so Maeby got to play in it for a little while. She tentatively likes live trees.


6 : 365

I doodled all morning while watching What Not to Wear. Then the Christmas tree had to go down, along with its beautiful glowy lights :(


7 : 365
Manny Calavera


My first week of the 365 project, done! I am almost done with the second week as well and plan on posting that soon! This project is super fun, I highly recommend it. It's never too late to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment