Wednesday, February 12, 2014

change

I'm back from Texas, and I have all of my Monterey and San Jose photos edited and ready to post. I just need to actually DO it, now!

Lots of exciting (and stressful) things are happening, jobs are starting to look like a possibility on the horizon. I turned down a job in Northern California (well, kind of put it on hold), even though Northern California has me heart forever and ever with its beautiful salty forests and the Pacific Ocean waiting for me. The raptor center I've wanted to work at for the past couple of months offered me an internship which, while an amazing experience, does not pay enough for me to take it at this moment (even though it is everything I want). And this position in Texas I really, really, REALLY want, but I'm terrified because if I do get it that means I will be moving to a brand new place with no one I know.

But I'll have the ocean (the Atlantic, a new friend!), birds, my babies, and my work to focus on. Exploring all of the new places and opportunities after work and making new friends! So I can do it. And I will, if I get it.

I'm alive, just tired and possibly sick from staying in the cold rain and wind all day yesterday. It was worth it to see all those amazing animals, though. Ahhh I'm so excited to hear about these opportunities!

I'm currently making a list of things I want to do or that I haven't done in Utah that I should do before I leave for whatever opportunity crosses my path. There are some ridiculous things I've never actually done despite living here most of my life, like visiting the Great Salt Lake. It's CRAZY that I've never actually just sent aside a few hours to just wander along the shoreline! It's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment