Sunday, February 16, 2014

pleasanton

A couple of weeks ago I visited California and was able to visit Raphael in her new town of Pleasanton via BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit aka the worst) before returning to Monterey to spend the rest of the weekend with Traci. Here are a couple of photos of the truly pleasant Pleasanton















  • Someone was walking their pet pig!
  • Berries in baskets at a farmers market
  • Taffy look-alike
  • I begged to pet him; he was so cute
  • Raphael acting pensive at our breakfast cafe
  • Babbing with the locals















  • I love breakfast sandwiches so much
  • Cute dogs at the cute farmers market
  • I would love a pair of these in my room
  • An adorable collection of soda at a local candy store
  • Candy for the train ride
  • Herbs















  • Practicing manual settings
  • Lolli lolli lolli get your adverbs here
  • Purple beauties
  • Beautifully colored tomatoes
  • Flowers wrapped in plastic
  • The flower stand in the sun

















  • I couldn't get enough of the flowers, it was so spring-like
  • Teeny cherry tomatoes
  • Contrast
  • Candy shoppe signs
  • Signage
  • I love this one
  • Soda stream

Next up in my California series will be my aquarium photos. I might split them into two posts, or just pile them all into one (there are a lot, even after cutting down on hundreds of them). I just love photographing creatures so much, especially birds and the ocean (which the Monterey Bay Aquarium is great for). It has been discouraging me a bit lately, since I take so many photos and then don't either have the energy or interest to do anything with them. I need to stop having this negative thought process that I should just not take photos, then, and instead change it to be passionate about photography again. I think moving will help (oh yeah, part of my surprise), getting away from the cold winter weather, and I just need to kick my own ass and get in gear! The world awaits and I want to take pictures of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment